The Shelton Challenge is a six-day residential experience to help students expand their knowledge and skills of what it takes to be a leader. Students will participate in activities that will help them have a greater understanding for: Personal Leadership Assessment and Interpersonal Dynamics; Role of Values and Ethics in Leadership; Leadership Traits and Approaches; Teambuilding and Empowering Others; Civic and Social Responsibility; and Goal Setting.
Students also have the opportunity to participate in team building activities, low and high ropes courses, service project, and fun night activities to help students get to know others participating in the program.
The Shelton Challenge seeks youth who are going into the 9th to 12th grades (graduating seniors included) with a 3.0 grade point average (unweighted) or higher. Cost to attend the program is $600 for the week.
The Shelton Leadership Center seeks to provide hands-on activities that assist developing young leaders to become more confident leaders back in their communities. For more details on the Shelton Challenge Expected Outcomes, please see the following link: Expected Outcomes of Shelton Challenge
For more details, please go to the following links below:
- Dates and Locations
- Application and Application Process
- Drop off and Pick up for Week of Program
- Financial Scholarship Assistance
- Sponsor a Youth
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Requirements of participants:
- Need to be going into the 9th to 12th grades (recent high school graduates are accepted)
- GPA of 3.0 or better (If you do not meet this requirement and would like to still apply because you believe this will be a great program, please write a brief statement explaining your reasons)