Apply to Serve on Shelton Staff
The Shelton Challenge has a three-person staffing model: Peer Leader, Coach, Mentor, Trainer (CMT), and Instructor.
- The Peer Leader position is available to youth who have previously attended the Shelton Challenge and have at least a 3.0 grade point average.
- The CMT position is available to youth who have previously served as a Peer Leader for at least two years, or students who have at least completed their first year in college.
- The Instructor position is available to adults who have a passion for working with youth and college students, and for instructing with a collaborative experiential pedagogy model.
The 2016 Shelton Challenge Staff applications are now available. You can complete the appropriate application online from the link below. If you have questions, please email Laura Pittman, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit applications for Peer Leader is December 18, 2015. The deadline to submit applications for CMT and Instructor is January 15, 2016.
- Peer Leader (PL) Application
- Peer Leader Reference Form
- Coach, Mentor, Trainer (CMT) Application
- Instructor Application
- Application deadline for positions for Peer Leader is December 18, 2015. The deadline to submit applications for CMT and Instructor is January 15, 2016. When you submit your application online, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com or at 919-515-7115.
- The next step in the application process is to have individuals applying to serve as a Peer Leader or CMT to participate in an on-site exercise (very similar to the leadership reaction exercises we have during the week experience). We will identify one Peer Leader applicant to serve as the leader for the team they are assigned and two CMT applicants to observe and process the team activity. Instructors will serve as evaluators during the activities for selection process.
- Selection Dates are Saturday, January 30, 2016 in Raleigh, or February 6, 2016 in Concord, NC. Time for both dates will be 1:00-4:00 pm. More information to follow. An online session will be scheduled for those unable to attend either selection day.
- Individuals applying to serve as an instructor will be individually contacted on an on-going basis upon receipt of application.
- All applicants will be notified of their status for the position by the end of February.
- Those who are offered a staff position for 2016 will need to notify us of acceptance for the position by the beginning of March.
- Staff Training: All staff should plan to attend training on Saturday, April 9, 2016 from 10:00 am-4:00 pm in Raleigh.There will also be another day of training the Saturday before your camp starts.