Chancellor’s Leadership Development Program
The Chancellor’s Leadership Development Program seeks to support incoming first-year students who are first-generation college students and/or are from rural counties within North Carolina. Students from all colleges within NC State University are accepted into the program. This two-year program helps students maximize their leadership skills through experiential learning and self-discovery.
Applications for the 2019-2021 cohort are due JUNE 26, 2019 at 11:59pm. For more information about the program, please contact Andrea Ramos-Lewis.
At the beginning of the fall semester, students in both cohorts participate in an off-campus weekend retreat that helps them develop their cohort relationships and orients them to the expectations and outcomes designed for participants in the program. Following the retreat, students will attend monthly meetings related to program objectives. The sophomore cohort are appointed to designated leadership roles to help design and implement the program.
Other opportunities include:
- Leadership development offerings through the Shelton Leadership Center
- Mentor relationships (with faculty, staff, and students)
- Mentor relationships with professionals in students’ intended fields of study (external to the university)
- Monthly one-on-one coaching with the Shelton Leadership Center staff
- Small-group engagement with Chancellor Woodson and Mrs. Woodson
- Domestic service trip with the cohort
- International study abroad trip with funding support from the Shelton Leadership Center OR financial support to participate in an internship, alternative break program, or other study abroad program through NC State
Please view our year end booklet for more information: