FOR DETAILS CONCERNING THE 2014 FORUM , please see Current Forum
The annual General H. Hugh Shelton National Leadership Forum at North Carolina State University is committed to providing excellence in inspirational leadership and professional development. The Forum’s primary focus centers on the importance of values-based leadership development for corporations, educational institutions, community agencies and public officials. We strategically coordinate this one-day event during the month of November to link these varied constituencies in professional dialogue around values based leadership development to enhance the opportunity for community partnerships and personal growth.
Previous topic areas include:
- Values-Based Leadership
- Leading Organizations that Embrace Change
- Practical Applications for Exemplary Leadership
- Leadership That Leaves a Legacy
- Leadership From the Top: Shaping the Organizational Culture
- Shaping the Game: The Power of TEAM Leadership
Speakers have included but are not limited to:
- General H. Hugh Shelton
- General Ann Dunwoody USA (Ret.) , Commanding General, U.S. Army Materiel Command
- George Bodenheimer , Executive Chairman, ESPN, Inc.
- John Chambers , Chairman and CEO, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Tom Brokaw, NBC Correspondent and author of “The Greatest Generation”
- Verne Harnish, CEO of Gazelles, Inc.
- Jim Whitehurst, CEO of Red Hat
- Bridget van Kralingen, General Manager, IBM North America
- Sherron Watkins, Sherron Watkins and Company, Inc.
- John Allison, Chairman of BB&T
- Tom Barnett, Senior Managing Director of Enterra Solutions, LLC
- Cal Ripken, Jr., Baseball Iron Man and Hall of Famer
- Howard Putnam, Former CEO of Southwest Airlines
- LTG Rusell Honoré, Commanding General of First Army
- Secretary William S. Cohen, Former Secretary of Defense
- Dr. Stephen Covey, author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Mr. Jim Kouzes, co-author of The Leadership Challenge
- Mr. Ross Perot, Founder and CEO Emeritus of Perot Systems Corporation
- Dr. John Maxwell, author of The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader
- Ms. Connie Stevens, CEO of Forever Spring
- Mr. Matthew Szulik, President of Red Hat, Inc.
- Mr. Steve Zelnak, Chrm. and CEO of Martin Marietta
- Ms. Suzanne Burns, VP and General Manager of Eaton Corporation
- Dr. Tom Houlihan, Executive Director of Council of Chief State School Officers
- Mr. William Friday, Founding President of the North Carolina University System
- Mr. Orage Quarles, President and CEO of Raleigh’s News & Observer
The forum is ideal for personnel in the corporate, higher education, K-12 education and government professions to attend for leadership development training. Please contact the General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center at 919.513.0148 or Debbie Reno Acker at email@example.com for more information.
For information about questions related to sponsoring our annual Shelton Forum, please contact either: