Access Shelton Challenge Application
Access Take II Application
Access to Online Reference Submission
What is the application process for the Shelton Challenge?
- All applications are currently available on our website or by contacting our office to receive a hard copy by mail.
- Deadlines – We are currently accepting and enrolling students for the 2015 sessions. Space is still available, so please submit your applications.
- Return Deposits to: North Carolina State University; General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center; Attn: Shelton Challenge Application; 210 McKimmon Center; Campus Box 7401; Raleigh, NC 27695-7401.
- First option: Complete the online Challenge or Take II application. Direct your references to complete the online Challenge Reference Form. Students applying for the Shelton Challenge (Take II) are asked only to provide reference names and contact information at this time. Your deposit may be mailed directly to the office.
- Second option: If you prefer our office to email a PDF application to you, please contact us at email@example.com or 919-513-0148. The application can be saved to hard drive, completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send deposit to address provided on the application.
- Third option: If you prefer our office to mail an application to you through the mail service, please contact us at email@example.com or 919-513-0148.
- We encourage you to complete the application and distribute the two reference forms to individuals who have an understanding of your skills and abilities. Again, the reference forms may be sent separately from the application.
- There is $100 due with the application that is deducted from the $600 amount due prior to the program.
- Once our office receives the application, deposit, and references, we will process the application within two weeks of that date. The applicant will receive an initial letter of acceptance and initial information to return to our office. We will continue to communicate with the student up to the program with additional information.
- NOTE: Our review process takes into consideration the applicant’s answers to the questions asked in the application, what the applicant hopes to gain from the experience, and what the applicant hopes to take back to the community. We also take into consideration grade point average.
- Applying for financial assistance: We are only able to fund financial scholarships to attend the 2015 Shelton Challenge while they are available. Please note your interest on the application.
Submitting Application for UNC at Charlotte and NC State Shelton Challenge Locations
2015 Shelton Challenge Application
* NCSU I – June 14-19
* UNCC – June 20-26
* NCSU II – July 12-17
* NCSU III – July 26-31
Applications may be submitted via the options listed above. Please refer to Shelton Challenge Application, or Shelton Challenge (TAKE II) Application for applications. We encourage applicants to submit their applications earlier than the deadline since we are already enrolling students for this summer. Once spaces are filled to capacity for each week, we will place students on a waiting list.
If you are interested in attending the Shelton Challenge, we ask that you ask two people to serve as references. Persons completing the reference form should be directed to the online form above or follow directions for one of the other two submission options above.
Please send $100 of the $600 at time of submitting application. If you are applying for financial assistance, please send $25 administrative fee deposit. If you are NOT applying for financial assistance, please send $100 deposit at time of submitting the application. Please make checks payable to NCSU: Shelton Challenge. Please send application and payment to General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center, Attn: Shelton Challenge, Campus Box 7401, NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695-7401.
Shelton Challenge (TAKE II) Application ( NCSU – July 26-31, 2015)
Access 2015 TAKE II Application
If you have previously attended the Shelton Challenge program and are interested in attending the Shelton Challenge (TAKE II), you can submit your application through one of the three options above. Students applying for the Shelton Challenge (Take II) are asked ONLY to provide reference names and contact information at this time. References do not need to complete the online reference form. We will take up to 30 students for the Take II program. We will place applicants on a waiting list if spaces fill up prior to the deadline.
Please send $100 of the $600 at time of submitting application. If you ARE applying for financial assistance, please send $25 administrative fee deposit. If you are NOT applying for financial assistance, please send $100 deposit at time of submitting the application. Please make checks payable to Shelton Leadership Challenge. Please send application and payment to General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center, Attn: Shelton Challenge (TAKE II), Campus Box 7401, NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695-7401.
Submitting Applications to ECU, Hampden-Sydney, or NC Wesleyan:
East Carolina University Application (July 12- July 17)
For more details about the ECU Shelton Leadership Challenge, contact Mandee Foushee Lancaster, Director, Office of Innovation and Economic Development; Phone: 252-737-1349; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampden-Sydney Application (June 28 – July 2)
For more details about the Hampden-Sydney Shelton Leadership Challenge, contact May Reed, Assistant to the Director, Wilson Center for Leadership; Phone: 434-223-7077; Email: email@example.com
NC Wesleyan Shelton Challenge Application (June 21-26)
The application for NC Wesleyan Shelton Challenge is a separate process. Please complete and return the application and two references to the address provided on the application.