Check out ALL of the 2016 Shelton Challenges: Dates & Locations
Please apply for a Shelton Challenge by submitting an online application, sending the online reference form to 2 references and mailing a $100 deposit.
Register for an NC State University or UNC-Charlotte Shelton Challenge:
Apply here: First-Year Application & Send your 2 references: Reference Form
(As of 5/9/16: NCSU I,II & III are FULL. We are still accepting wait-list applications.)
*The UNC-Charlotte Challenge is still accepting applications*
Register for the NC State International Connections or NC State Entrepreneurial Thinking Challenge:
Apply here: Int. Conn or Ent. Think. Application & Send your 2 references Reference Form
- We are strongly encouraging rising high school seniors to apply for our two new NC State Shelton Challenges: International Connections & Entrepreneurial Thinking. Both camps are a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop as a leader, as well as meeting and interacting with international students.
Register for the NC State Take II Challenge: Take II Application
(As of 5/2/16: Our Take II Challenge is FULL. We are still accepting wait-list applications.)
Interested in attending a Shelton Challenge at Methodist, Hampden-Sydney or NC Wesleyan? Please follow their registration steps listed on their websites.
Register for Methodist University: Methodist Registration Info
Register for Hampden-Sydney: HSC Registration Info
Register for NC Wesleyan: NCWC Registration Info
FOR SHELTON CHALLENGES AT NC STATE OR UNC-CHARLOTTE:
- Once our office receives the application, deposit, and references, we will process the application within three weeks of that date. The applicant will receive an initial notification letter and an information packet to return to our office. We will continue to communicate with the student up to the program with additional information.
- There is a $100.00 deposit due with the application. The $100.00 deposit will be deducted from the total cost of the program. Complete payment is due prior to the start of the program.
- Please make all checks or money orders payable to “NCSU: Shelton Challenge.” In the memo section, please write the student’s name and camp location. Mail Deposits to: North Carolina State University; General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center; Attn: Shelton Challenge Application; 210 McKimmon Center; Campus Box 7401; Raleigh, NC 27695-7401.
- NOTE: Our review process takes into consideration the applicant’s answers to the questions asked in the application, what the applicant hopes to gain from the experience, and what the applicant hopes to take back to the community. We also take grade point average and reference comments into consideration .
- Applying for financial assistance: We are only able to offer financial scholarships to attend the 2016 Shelton Challenge while they are available. Please note your interest on the application.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For questions about the 2016 Shelton Challenge Camp programs, please contact Laura Pittman at 919-515-7115 or email@example.com